A Relaxed Coastal Inspired Media Space
Hi friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today’s mood board is based on our sunny hearth room, which sits just off our kitchen. Although we have a larger TV room/family room in the basement, most of the time this is where my husband and I end up watching TV, reading, and scrolling through Instagram (for me). I thought I’d share this design with you as an alternative to a typical dark and masculine media room because we enjoy its relaxed breezy vibe so much.
Before I move on to the particulars of this space, I have to tell you that I LOVE our slipcovered chairs. Since we have an English bulldog whose favorite thing to do is roll around in the dirt, about once a month I pull the slipcovers off and throw them in the washing machine. I wash them in cold water and then let them air dry. If they’re really dirty, I add a little bleach to the washing machine.
I keep an extra set of slipcovers on hand so I can just pop a clean set on while the others dry. If you don’t have an extra set, I recommend putting the slipcovers back on your chairs when they’re still slightly damp. This makes them easier to put on, because they have a bit more give when they’re damp.
Some things I’ve included in my mood board and which I think are essential in a space like this:
- cozy seating with slipcovers–since our space is limited, we’re using chairs in our hearth room; however, I think a slipcovered sofa or sectional would be ideal in a space meant for relaxing, like this one
- textiles and textures to add interest
- sturdy tables to hold extra lighting and drinks
- great lighting for reading
- overhead lighting–I like to use a fabric or woven shade to soften a space like this
- a TV stand (unless your TV hangs on the wall, like ours)
- a soft rug (or two) underfoot
- flowers and plants
- inspiring artwork
- and it wouldn’t be much of a media room without a TV–I love Samsung’s Frame TV, which looks like a piece of artwork when it’s not in use!
Product sources are linked below.
A Relaxed, Coastal-Inspired Media Space
Wood and Lacquer Console // Slipcovered Chair // Slipcovered Sectional Option // Rattan Armchair Option
Tasseled Light Fixture // Round Coffee Table // Woven Rug // Dash and Albert Blue and White Rug
Artwork // White Side Table // Fig Tree // Basket // White Lamps
Task Lamp // Pink Pillow // Samsung Frame TV
Blue Pillow // Faux Hydrangea // Candle
SHOP THE POST:
Have a wonderful day! xo jane
Meet the Author
Hi,i'm Ebru. I'm sharing ideas and inspiration for effortless home decorating, kitchen design, organizing, entertaining, and decorating tips